Market Analysis - Euro Infectious Diseases 2017
Every year, lives are lost because of the spread of infections in hospitals. Health care workers can take steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. These steps are part of infection control. Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection both in the general community and while receiving care due to health problems, in a range of settings. The basic principle of infection prevention and control is hygiene. Healthcare personnel might need to take additional infection control steps if a PUI or patient with confirmed EVD has other conditions or illnesses caused by specific infectious diseases, such as tuberculosis. Healthcare personnel can be exposed to Ebola virus by touching a patient’s body fluids, contaminated medical supplies and equipment, or contaminated environmental surfaces. Splashes to unprotected mucous membranes (for example, the eyes, nose, or mouth) are particularly hazardous. Procedures that can increase environmental contamination with infectious material or create aerosols should be minimized. healthcare personnel (HCP) refers all people, paid and unpaid, working in healthcare settings who have the potential for exposure to patients and/or to infectious materials, including body substances, contaminated medical supplies and equipment, contaminated environmental surfaces, or aerosols generated during certain medical procedures. HCP include, but are not limited to, physicians, nurses, nursing assistants, therapists, technicians, emergency medical service personnel, dental personnel, pharmacists, laboratory personnel, autopsy personnel, students and trainees, contractual personnel, home healthcare personnel, and people not directly involved in patient care (clerical, dietary, housekeeping, laundry, security, maintenance, billing, chaplains, and volunteers) but potentially exposed to infectious agents that can be transmitted to and from HCP and patients.
Why Paris (France)?
Paris is the capital and the most populous city of France. It has an area of 105 km² (41 mi²) and a population in 2013 of 2,229,621 within the city limits. Paris was the largest city in the western world, a prosperous trading centre, and the home of the University of Paris, one of the first in Europe.
Paris is the home of important museums and cultural institutions, including the most visited art museum in the world, the “Louvre”. In 2015 Paris received 22.2 million visitors, making it one of the world's top tourist destinations.
The city is also a major rail, highway, and air-transport hub, served by the two international airports Paris-Charles de Gaulle (the second busiest airport in Europe after London Heathrow Airport with 638 million passengers in 2014) and Paris-Orly.
Paris is often referred to as "The City of Light” both because of its leading role during the Age of Enlightenment, and more literally because Paris was one of the first European cities to adopt gas street lighting.
Major Infectious Disease Societies around the Globe
European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
International Union of Microbiological Societies
Federation of Infection Societies
Canadian Society of Microbiologists
British Infection Association
Federation of European Microbiological Societies
Welsh Microbiology Association
Clinical Virology Network
American Society for Microbiology
Society for General Microbiology
Infectious Diseases Society of America
Worldwide deaths due to Infectious Diseases
Members associated with Infectious Diseases
- Centre for Infectious Diseases and Policy includes 218 members
- Global Public Health is having 106913 members
- Members Pediatric Infectious Disease and Immunology has 3291 members
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases has 3438 members
- Infectious Diseases Society has 707 members
Universities related to Infectious Diseases
- University of Cambridge
- Kings College of London
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Imperial College London
- UCL Institute of Epidemiology and Health care
- University of Sheffield
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
- Columbia University
- University of Maryland
- Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control
- Uppsala University
- University of Gothenburg
- University of Otego
- Oslo University
- University of Pittsburgh
- Emory Health Sciences
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Liverpool
- University of Colorado Denver
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University
Market Research on Infectious Diseases
The global market for infectious disease treatments was valued at $90.4 billion in 2009. This market is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% to reach $138 billion in 2014. The largest market share belongs to antibiotic treatments for bacterial and fungal diseases at 53% of the total infectious disease treatment market. Fungal disease treatments will experience a slightly higher compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2%, from $4.6 billion in 2009 to $6.2 billion in 2014. Viral disease treatments will have the fastest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1%, increasing from nearly $45 billion in 2009 to $79 billion in 2014.
Market Analysis of Companies
Funding allotted for Infectious Diseases
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) awards over 25,000 acquisition and assistance actions each year and obligates approximately $11 billion in federal funds. PGO aids in achieving CDC’s mission by quickly and effectively allocating funds to where they are needed. In its Pledge to the American People, CDC commits to being a diligent steward of the funds entrusted to the Agency. PGO ensures this pledge remains intact. To learn more about PGO, please review our FY 2014 Annual Report , Acquisition Snapshot , and Assistance Snapshot.
Global Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
The global market for infectious disease diagnostic, vaccine and pharmaceutical products was $59.2 billion in 2011 and $66.4 billion in 2012. Market growth looks promising; the overall market value for 2017 is projected to be $96.8 billion after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8%. The demographic transition is associated with an epidemiological transition in the causes and age of death. A predominant feature of this transition is a decrease in the number of deadly infections occurring during childhood. On the contrary, it is projected that, in 2020, three-quarters of all deaths in developing countries could be due to age-associated diseases. These are predominantly non-communicable diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes. What is the role of infection in the death of elderly individuals? Statistics from the WHO suggest that, in Europe and the United States, ∼5% of the population >60 years old will die as a consequence of infection, compared with ∼20% in Africa. However, although this relative difference in the importance of infection as a cause of death in industrialized countries versus developing countries is certainly relevant, the absolute numbers should be regarded with caution. Indeed, although studies using death certificates to identify causes of death usually find a relatively low importance of infection in industrialized countries, autopsy studies suggest a much higher contribution of infections to the overall causes of death (20%–30%). In the developing world, the leading infectious causes of death are respiratory tract infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis, malaria, and AIDS, which together represent >90% of deaths. The remaining 10% are due to tropical diseases and various other infections. In industrialized countries, respiratory tract infections, bloodstream infections, urinary tract infections, and infections of the digestive system represent 90% of infection-related deaths; other diseases such as tuberculosis, hepatitis B and C, diarrheal diseases, and AIDS represent nearly all of the remaining 10%. As already stated by Kalache in 1996, many infectious diseases “no longer kill but neither do they die”. This aphorism is also a reminder that the impact of infectious diseases should not only be measured by mortality rate, but also by morbidity and quality of life, particularly in the aging population. These parameters are much more difficult to assess objectively, but understanding them will be increasingly important in the future.
Conferenceseries LLC Conferences invites all the participants from all over the world to attend ‘Euro Infectious Diseases 2017’ which includes prompt Keynote Presentations, Special Sessions, Workshops, Symposiums, Oral talks, Poster Presentations and Exhibitions.
Euro Infectious Diseases are disorders caused by organisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Infectious diseases may be of water borne, food borne, vector borne, air borne in human beings as well as in plants and animals. Infectious diseases basically emphasize on the pathogenesis of the bacteria and their therapeutic measures, coalesce of branches of Microbiology especially Clinical and Diagnostic Microbiology which deals with the cure and prevention of the Infectious diseases. It represents an increasingly important cause of human morbidity and mortality throughout the world. Vaccine development is thus of great importance in terms of global health.
The conference attains significance when we look at the worldwide deaths due to Infectious Diseases. Tetanus (500,000), Measles( 1 million), HIV/AIDS(1 million), Hepatitis B( 1.1million), Malaria(2.1million), Diarrhea (3.1 million), Tuberculosis (3.1 million), Respiratory Infections (4.4 million).