Market Analysis - Euro Metabolomics 2019
Metabolomics Market Analysis:
The global metabolomics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26% from 2016 to 2021 to reach USD 3.53 Billion by 2021. The metabolomics market has significant growth mainly due to the increasing necessity for accurate diagnosis of diseases, development of innovative technologies, and increasing demand for precision medicine.
Europe is the second largest Market in the world with a share of ~38% of the global market. The presence of a large number of analytical equipment manufacturers has contributed significantly to the European metabolomics market. The APAC market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23% during the forecast period.
Why Vienna, Austria?
Vienna was the world's number-one destination for international congresses and conventions. It attracts over 6.8 million tourists a year. Austria was the cradle of numerous scientists with an international reputation. Vienna regularly hosts urban planning conferences and is often used as a case study by urban planners. The city of Vienna attaches major importance to science and research and focuses on creating a positive environment for research and development. A major R&D sector in Vienna are life sciences with 378 biotech, pharma and medtech companies.
- Directors for the Companies
- Business Delegates
- Research and Diagnostic Laboratories
Major Metabolomics Related Associations in Europe:
- Association of Applied Biologist
- British Society for Immunology
- UCL Systems Biology
- Royal Society of Biology
- United Kingdom Systems Society
Metabolomics and Systems Biology Related Associations Worldwide:
- Metabolomics Workbench
- Metabolomics Society
- Netherlands Metabolomics Center
- Cambridge Metabolomics Forum
- Metabolic Profiling Forum
- Sciex Metabolomics Community
- PhenoMeNal consortium
- The International Society for Systems Biology (ISSB)
- ISCB - International Society for Computational Biology
- Canadian Society for Systems Biology
- Society for Systems Biology & Translational Research
- Institute of Molecular Systems Biology
- Munich Systems Biology Forum
- Centre for Complex Biological Systems.
- Pharmacometabolomics Community (ASCPT)
Major Companies related to Metabolomics:
- Metabolon, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Danaher Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation
Scope and Importance:
Metabolomics is the quantitative and qualitative study of small molecules. It is said to be an important technique in systems biology. The purposes of metabolomics is the accurate detection of disease, such as inflammation, necrosis, estimation of toxicity in newly designed drugs, Alzheimer’s, drug testing and interpreting biochemical pathways. Greater than 95% of clinical diagnostic assays tests are for small molecules. From pre-existing metabolites, 50% of the drugs are derived from known small molecule drugs.