Market Analysis - Food Security 2018
The 3rd Global Food Security & Sustainability Conference to be held at New York, USA during May 21-22, 2018 hosted by Conference Series through the theme "Secure Today, Feed Tomorrow", conference will explore the advances in Food Security, Sustainability & Food Safety and Public Health etc. It will be a premier event that brings together a unique and International mix of experts, researchers and decision makers both from academia and industry across the globe to exchange their knowledge, experience and research innovations to build a world food security & sustainability meet. We also publish 700+ Open access journals which contain over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members and Organizes 600+ Conferences every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies.
This meet enables a common platform for the participants to discuss their research in order to establish a scientific network between the academia and industry leading to foster collaboration and to evaluate the emerging issues, technologies and innovations leads to explore new possibilities and improving the existed opportunities.
Market Analysis Report
Introduction: The 3rd Global Food Security & Sustainability Conference to be held at New York, USA during March 19-20, 2018 hosted by Conference Series through the theme "Secure Today, Feed Tomorrow", conference will explore the advances in Food Security, Sustainability & Food Safety and Public Health etc. It will be a premier event that brings together a unique and International mix of experts, researchers and decision makers both from academia and industry across the globe to exchange their knowledge, experience and research innovations to build a world food security & sustainability meet. Conference Series Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contain over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members and Organizes 600+ Conferences every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies.
This meet enables a common platform for the participants to discuss their research in order to establish a scientific network between the academia and industry leading to foster collaboration and to evaluate the emerging issues, technologies and innovations that leads to explore new possibilities and improving the existed opportunities
For more details please visit- `http://foodsecurity.conferenceseries.com/`
Importance of Food Security Conference (Globally, Continent Wise (Europe, America, Asia pacific, and Middle East):
1. Globally: "The challenge is to deliver nutritious, safe and affordable food to a Global population of over 9 billion in the coming decades, using less land, fewer inputs, with less waste and a lower environmental impact. All this has to be done in ways that are socially and economically sustainable." Food security occurs when all people are able to access enough safe and nutritious food to meet their requirements for a healthy life, in ways the planet can sustain into the future. However, food security faces a number of challenges across both production and consumption which research will be essential to solve. Many countries are facing the double burden of hunger and under nutrition alongside overweight and obesity, with one in three people across the globe currently suffering from some form of malnutrition (ref 1). Indeed it is not unusual to find people with different forms of malnutrition living side-by-side in one country, in one community, or even in the same household. The prevalence rates of overweight, obesity and diet-related non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, certain cancers and type II diabetes (ref 2), are increasing in every region, in both developed and developing countries. Globally there are now more people who are overweight or obese than underweight, with the two combined accounting for more than half of the world population: a new normal (ref 3). The estimated cost to the world economy of disease and death from overweight and obesity is $2 trillion (ref 2). At the same time, around 795 million people face hunger on a daily basis and more than two billion people lack vital micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, vitamin A) (ref 1), affecting their health and life expectancy. Nearly a quarter of all children aged under five today are stunted, with diminished physical and mental capacities, and less than a third of all young infants in 60 low- and middle-income countries meet the minimum dietary diversity standards needed for growth.
2. North-America Region: The anticipation of eating regimen related sicknesses is one of the new societal difficulties of the 21st century. In October 2011, the total populace passed the 7 billion stamps. Such development will put a monstrous strain on the worldwide sustenance supply. These elements alone make the generation and circulation of sustenance a basic issue for the 21st century. The natural nourishment industry is one of the quickest developing divisions of U.S. agribusiness. Customer interest for natural sustenance has kept on developing at a relentless pace of at least 20% every year since the 1990s. Around 73% of customary supermarkets and almost 20,000 common nourishment stores convey natural items, representing roughly 2.5% of aggregate sustenance deals in the United States. Residential deals appraisals of natural sustenance are $17 billion (all sums are in U.S. dollars) for 2006, with 39% of those deals for leafy foods (Organic Trade Association 2006). The present interest for natural deliver is expanding speedier than supply, bringing about growing exchange holes amongst imports and fares. The natural area of the U.S. agrarian framework is requesting expanded consideration from makers, retailers, buyers, and strategy producers keen on natural and medical problems inside the nourishment framework.
3. Europe: The significant assembling centres in the globe are Europe which constitutes the dominant part share in the nourishment flavours and enhancer showcase alongside North America. European market is a develop advertise and has a few administrative bodies to manage stringently the utilization of sustenance flavours and enhancers, accordingly dealing with the purchasers of the countries. Germany constitutes the significant offer having 24% taken after by the UK (23%), Spain (10%), Netherland (5%) and Italy (9%). $ 823 million US dollar is the market measure by estimation of the manufactured flavour and $ 755.65 million US dollar is the market estimate by estimation of the characteristic in the year 2014.
4. Asia pacific: Asia Pacific is a colossal and progressively powerful market in the supply of sustenance and refreshment fixings. And in addition representing 35% of worldwide esteem included fixing supply in this classification; it is likewise a dissolving purpose of different patterns and impacts. In 2012, Asia Pacific represented 35% of worldwide utilization of significant worth included sustenance and drink fixings, proportional to just about 8.5 million tons out of a worldwide aggregate of 24.2 million tons. Asia Pacific is likewise one of the quickest developing locales, with a figure CAGR of 4% more than 2012-2017, behind just the Middle East and Africa, with 5%. This implies by 2017, Asia will have expanded its offer of the worldwide aggregate to 38%.
The US is the world's biggest economy and its 320 million individuals created US$48,000 per capita GDP in 2011. One of every five Americans live in one of the nation's eight biggest urban communities. Its customers expect aggressive estimating and offers, and are progressively worried about economical generation, transport and bundling. It is New Zealand's third biggest sustenance and refreshment showcase, with US$2.1 billion fares in 2011. · US bundled sustenance deals totalled US$332 billion out of 2011. The bread shop classification was worth 21 per cent of the aggregate; dairy, 16 per cent; solidified prepared nourishment, 10 per cent; ice cream parlour, 10 per cent; and sweet and flavourful snacks, 10 per cent. · Packaged sustenance deals expanded by a compound yearly development rate (CAGR) of 2.5 per cent amid 2006-2011, driven by more dinners eaten at home as opposed to eating out. The most noteworthy development was in lunch rooms, with a CAGR of 6.6 per cent over the five-year time frame. Pasta grew 5.9 per cent in that time, noodles, 4.8 per cent; spreads, 4.6 per cent; and dairy items, 3.4 per cent. · Fresh nourishment deals involved 78 million tons by volume in 2011; with meat at 31 per cent piece of the pie; vegetables, 25 per cent; organic products, 23 per cent; bland roots, seven per cent; and eggs, six per cent. Market development was stale from 2006-2011. · The US wine advertise is the world's second biggest behind France, totalling US$34 billion out of 2011, equalling 2.73 billion litres. Still light grape wines overwhelm with a 86 per cent piece of the overall industry in esteem and 91 per cent in volume. Shimmering wines have an eight per cent share by esteem and five per cent in volume. CAGR deals development more than 2006-2011 was three per cent, with imports from Argentina up 13 per cent and New Zealand up 40 per cent. · US natural nourishment offers of US$27 billion out of 2010 represented 45 per cent of the worldwide aggregate, and spoke to a CAGR of 11.6 per cent in the vicinity of 2006 and 2011. · The 2011 dairy advertise was evaluated at US$51 billion, speaking to 15 per cent of the worldwide aggregate. Cheddar rules at a 40 per cent piece of the overall industry; drain represents 34 per cent; the yogurt division at 12 per cent of the aggregate is especially powerful. Spreadable fats represented eight per cent of piece of the overall industry; cream was at five per cent, and chilled sweets, one per cent. 2006-2011 CAGR was 5.3 per cent. · By appropriation channel, basic supply retail deals were esteemed at US$930 billion of every 2011, and foodservice deals assessed at US$445 billion. · In 2010, stores had a 36 per cent offer of the basic supply exchange, trailed by hypermarkets at 29 per cent. Basic supply retail deals developed by 2.2 per cent CAGR from 2006-2011. · In 2010 around 37 per cent of the foodservice advertise was fast food foundations, 33 per cent were full-benefit eateries. CAGR was dormant at 0.6 per cent amid 2006-2011. There has been change following the subsidence late in the decade, which hit the foodservice showcase especially hard.
Development drivers · Consumer enthusiasm for natural sustenance stays solid, the market multiplying in the vicinity of 2005 and 2010. Americans are progressively intrigued by wellbeing and wellbeing parts of sustenance, constraining foodservice administrators to offer solid options, for example, low-fat menus. Reasonable bundling, transport and creation strategies are progressively esteemed. · While slower to grasp private names than Europeans, the worldwide financial lull has energized such deals, which have become quicker than the general sustenance and refreshment showcase. Standard private marks by and large offer for 20 to 40 per cent not as much as their marked counterparts. · While eating out is on the ascent once more, purchasers are deciding on more affordable eateries. Full-benefit eateries keep on struggling, while fast food eateries progressively co-situate in real shopping outlets. Amid the subsidence, wine purchasers exchanged down to economy marks and reduced retail channels; however add up to volume utilization developed. Footing has originated from more youthful customers.
Total nourishment utilization is estimate to increment by a CAGR of 3 per cent amid the five years to 2016, because of the developing U.S. populace. Nourishment utilization in the U.S. is relied upon to reach $968 billion by 2016. · Canned nourishment esteem deals are conjecture to develop by a CAGR of 3.6 per cent to 2016, driven by expanding shopper requests for comfort. · There is popularity for solidified sustenance items, especially from markets and eatery networks. The solidified sustenance advertise is estimate to develop at a normal yearly rate of 1.5 per cent, achieving $96.4 billion of every 2016. · The natural sustenance advertisement is a figure to develop by a 9.7 per cent CAGR in the vicinity of 2011 and 2016. The market is conjecture to reach $46.5 billion by 2016, which is an expansion of > 50 per cent since 2010. · The development of the dairy advertise is conjecture to moderate, with a CAGR of 3.6 per cent in the vicinity of 2011 and 2016, achieving $89.3 billion out of 2013. The dynamic yogurt part in the United States is relied upon to keep on growing, due to the on-going pattern towards more beneficial choices. · The basic supply retail showcase is relied upon to develop by a CAGR of 3.5 per cent to 2016. · The foodservice deals are relied upon to develop by a 3.2 per cent CAGR to 2015, achieving $562.5 billion. The most astounding development is figure in foodservice foundations in travel areas (i.e. motorway benefit/rail stations).
Universities offering Food Education (Globally, Continent Wise (Europe, America, Asia pacific, Middle East))
Mentioned below are some of the renowned Universities in Europe
- Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Lund University (Food Technology, Nutrition and Engineering)Agrocampus Ouest, France
- University of Goettingen, German
- Leibniz University, German
- Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- Wageningen University and Research Centre, Netherlands
- Utrecht University, Netherlands
- University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland
- Moscow Agricultural Academy, Russian Federation
Mentioned below are some of the renowned Universities in America:
- Centre for Agriculture Excellence, University of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Penn State University College of Agricultural Sciences, USA
- University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario
- Lowa State University, USA
- Michigan State University, USA
- Ontario Agricultural College, Ontario
- New Mexico State University, USA
- Texas A&M University, USA
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, USA
- The Ohio State University, USA
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Mentioned below are some of the renowned Universities in Asia Pacific region:
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU), Malaysia
- Seoul National University, South Korea
- University of Tokyo, Japan
- Chung-Ang University, South Korea
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- University of Queensland, Australia
- The Australian National University, Australia
- Nanjing Agricultural University, China
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, India
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia
- Huazhong Agricultural University, China
- Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia
- Gyeongsang National University, South Korea
- Nanjing Agricultural University, China
- Hanoi University of Agriculture, Vietnam
- University of Agricultural Sciences, India
- Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
Mentioned below is some of the renowned Universities in Middle East region:
- Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Holy Spirit University of kaslik , Lebanon
- Jordan University of science and technology, Jordan
- Lebanese international university, Jordan
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Ege University, Turkey
- University of Jiroft, Iran
- Agricultural and Food Sciences-King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Zagazig University, Egypt
- Lebanese University, Lebanon
- The University of Jordan, Jordan
- Süleyman Demirel University, Turkey
- United Arab Emirates University, College of Food and Agriculture, UAE
Food Security Research Institution :
- Institute for Food and Agricultural Research and Technology (IRTA), Spain
- National Agricultural Research and Innovation Center (NARIC), Hungary
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- The European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development (EFARD)
- French National Institute for Agricultural Research
- Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute
- Louisiana State University Agricultural Center
- Tropical Agronomic Center for Research and Teaching
- International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
- National Center for Agricultural Utilization Researc
- UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems
Funding in Food Security & Top Funding Bodies
There are countless ground breaking initiatives around the world that focus on crucial issues like Global food security, food access, nutrition education, Food Safety food sustainability etc. However, without financial help from charitable foundations, many of these projects researches, programs would not be possible. We should all say thank you to these foundations or the funding bodies that fund food work.
Some organisation offering grants to the Food Security and nutrition research and development are:
- Alliant Energy Community Grants Program
- Oklahoma Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Grants
- New Mexico Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Grant
- Kansas Health Foundation Impact and Capacity Grant
- Native Agriculture and Food Systems College Scholarship Program
- Lowe's Toolbox for Education Program
- Michigan Building Healthy Communities Step Up for School Wellness Program
- USDA Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) - Phase I
- Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust Grants
- Reducing Health Disparities Between Native Hawaiians and Other Racial/Ethnic Groups in Hawaii USDA Community Facilities Guaranteed Loan Program
- Walmart National Giving Program
- Laura Jane Musser Fund: Rural Initiative Program
- Wal-Mart Foundation Community Grant Program
- European commission‘s H2020-program
- Colorado Fresh Food Financing Fund (CO4F)
- Federal Surplus Real Property Available for Public Use
- Community Food Projects Technical Assistance
- Michigan Good Food Fund
Future Prospect of Food Security
By 2050 the total populace will achieve 9.1 billion, 34 for each penny higher than today. Almost the greater part of this populace increment will happen in creating nations. Urbanization will proceed at a quickened pace, and around 70 for each penny of the total populace will be urban (contrasted with 49 for each penny today). Wage levels will be numerous products of what they are currently. Keeping in mind the end goal to nourish this bigger, more urban and wealthier populace, sustenance creation (net of sustenance utilized for biofuels) must increment by 70 for every penny. Yearly grain creation should ascend to around 3 billion tons from 2.1 billion today and yearly meat generation should ascend by more than 200 million tons to achieve 470 million tons. Numerous nations will keep contingent upon universal exchange to guarantee their sustenance security.
It is presumed that by 2050 developing countries’net imports of cereals will dramatically increase from 135 million metric tons in 2008/09 to 300 million of every 2050. That is the reason there is a need to move towards a worldwide exchanging framework that is reasonable and focused; and that adds to a tried and true market for nourishment. Change of homestead bolster arrangements in OECD nations is an appreciated stride which has prompted a decrease in the total exchange twisting coefficient from 0.96 out of 1986 to 0.74 of every 2007. Be that as it may, there is plainly still opportunity to get better. There is likewise a need to offer help and more prominent market access to creating nation ranchers with the goal that they can contend on a more equivalent balance. Nations likewise need to view joint measures as better arranged for future stuns to the worldwide framework, through facilitated activity if there should arise an occurrence of nourishment emergencies, change of exchange principles, and joint fund to help individuals influenced by another value spike or restricted debacles. The world has the assets and innovation to kill hunger and guarantee long haul sustenance security for all, regardless of many difficulties and dangers. It needs to assemble political will and manufacture the fundamental organizations to guarantee that key choices on venture and arrangements to kill hunger are taken and executed successfully. The time to act is now.
Food security exists exactly when all people always, have physical and money related access to sufficient, ensured and nutritious support to meet the dietary needs and food slants for a dynamic and sound life. Current projections envision a 31% development in absolute people in the region of 1996 and 2020, with practically 98% of the extension occurring in making countries. It is in like manner expected that over the period 1995 to 2020, the urban masses in making countries will twofold. Such advancement in overall masses with everything taken into account and urban people particularly, will act more important weight on food creation, dealing with and allotment structures and moreover on the general condition in making countries. This could provoke certified sustenance quality and prosperity issues. Nonappearance of specific and money related resources in making countries will trouble sustenance vulnerability unless helpful exercises are conveyed to oversee such issues. National sustenance control structures shield nearby clients from unsafe, polluted and for the most part low quality support. By upgrading the capability of the sustenance structure, food openness is extended and the conviction of outside buyers in the quality and prosperity of the country's sustenance conveys is progressed.
The present WTO SPS and TBT Agreements have inconceivably changed the present worldwide food trade circumstance. The Agreements recognize Codex overall support standards and its distinctive proposals as seat marks for introduction of national sustenance affirmation measures. Nations constraining more stringent necessities for food imports into their countries need to do accordingly on the preface of generous legitimate. As the WTO Agreements give a level playing field to general trade sustenance, it would be in light of a real worry for making countries to recognize and complete Codex gages. This moreover requires their more vital interest in Codex work. The information created inside Codex is of staggering significance in enhancing sustenance security at national and close-by levels.
In the underneath, the key components with respect to the viewpoint for nourishment security towards 2050 can be abridged. The key message from this appraisal is that it will be conceivable to accomplish sustenance security for a total populace of 9.1 billion individuals anticipated for that time, if gave quantities of all around determined conditions are met through proper approaches and are not overlooked.
- The evolving financial condition
- Global advance in nourishment utilization
- Income Growth
- Cropland Expansion Potential
The world has all the enough assets, innovation and resources to eradicate hunger. It needs to activate political will and manufacture the essential establishments to ensure that key choices on speculation levels and allotment and also on agricultural and food security arrangements are brought with the objective of appetite annihilation at the top of the priority list. This analysis exhibited above by one means or another illustrates the fate of Food security on the planet.
Conference Series llc LTD with immense pleasure invites all the contributors across the globe to the 3rd Global Food Security and Sustainability conference (Global food Security 2018) during May 21-22, 2018 at New York, USA, focusing on the theme “ Secure Today Feed Tomorrow ”Which includes prompt keynote presentations, Oral talks, Poster presentations and Exhibitions.
Conference Series organizes 1000+ scientific events inclusive of 600+ Conferences, 500+ Workshops and 200+ Symposiums on various topics of Science & Technology across the globe with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500+ Open Access journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
Food Security is often explained in terms of food availability, food access and food utilization. “Global agriculture currently produces sample calories and nutrients to provide the entire world's people healthy and productive lives”. However, food is not distributed equally to regions, countries, households and individuals. Improved access to food-through increased agricultural productivity and incomes-is essential to meet the food needs of the world's growing population. Successful food security and poverty-oriented programs not only assist poor rural populations to produce more and diversified products but to produce a surplus that can be marketed and thereby generate income for the purposes of improving quality of life through improved diet and nutrition, investment in productive activity, and as collateral for credit to purchase inputs and/or other supplies to enhance agricultural or non-agricultural enterprise.
The main aim is to provide an international Platform and conduct healthy interactive sessions among the global experts as well as the future aspirants in the field of food science towards its growth, exploring the topic Global Food Security along with the other related scientific sessions like Global Food Security: Ethics, Policies and Role of Governing Body | Food Security and its Nutritional Impact | Community Development for Food Security: Economic and Social Status | Food Security and Risk Assessment | Food Safety | Food Security, Poverty and Sustainability | Food Waste | Environmental and climate changes in Food Security | Global food Crisis | Agriculture and Food Security | Food Security Management | Food Insecurity | Helping hands for Food Security . Accordingly our targeted audience/attendees will be the Food Experts/ scientists/ researchers/ Laureates/ academicians/ agriculturists/ economists/ environmentalists/ industrialists and of course the most important Students, our future.
Global Food Security Conference 2018 is glad to announce that after conducting Food Security 2017 at San Diego USA with the wonderful greetings and Well wishes of the mayor of the city San Diego as well as our conference speakers and attendees, this year we are determined for the Empire state, New York: It is one of those famous places in the world with Broadway theatres, cinemas, electronic billboards and many more for which it is said, New York is a city that never sleeps!