Market Analysis - Chromatography-HPLC 2017
Chromatography is a key technique used in many industries to provide analytical data and purified product depending on the application. Chromatography — from the Greek roots for color and writing — is one of the main separation techniques and ranges from the separation of ink spots in classrooms to the instruments running tandem methods like LC-MS helping to push the boundaries of medical science. New international cGMP & cGDP certification for pharmaceutical excipients, growing food safety concerns, increased importance of chromatography tests in drug approvals, and incessant new product launches are major factors driving this market. In addition, the chromatography instruments market has witnessed various technological advancements to meet the needs of biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies; food and beverage, chemical, semiconductor industries; and environmental testing.
These advancements have led to the development of miniaturized, automated, and computerized devices. These technological advancements have increased the convenience and ease of use of chromatography devices. Moreover, emerging market across Europe and Asia, increasing usage of chromatography in the purification of monoclonal antibodies, growing use of chromatography in proteomics, and green chromatography are likely to create opportunities for market growth. The high growth in Europe and Asia can be attributed to government investments in biomedical industries. However, high cost of chromatography equipment is likely to pose as a restraint for the growth of the market.
The report studies the global chromatography instruments market for the forecast period of 2015 to 2020. The market is expected to reach USD 9.223 Billion by 2020 from USD 7.062 Billion in 2015, at a CAGR of 5.5%.
The largest chromatography market is in North America followed by Europe — with the two continents having 70% of the market — then Asia. It is anticipated that whilst North America and Europe will continue to lead the market over the next five years, the chromatography market in Asia will expand and increase its market share. The drivers behind the expansion are two-fold: first the expansion of local companies in Asia and secondly, Western Pharma outsourcing its research and manufacturing operations to Asia, particularly China and India.
The global chromatography instruments market is segmented on the basis of systems, consumables, applications, and regions. The research report categorizes the chromatography instruments market into the following segments:
Chromatography instruments market, by System
- Liquid Chromatography (LC) Systems
- High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) Systems
- Ultra-High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC) Systems
- Flash Chromatography (FC) Systems
- Medium-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (MPLC) Systems
- Other Liquid Chromatography Systems
- Gas Chromatography (GC) Systems
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) Systems
- Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC) Systems
- Other System Components
Chromatography instruments market, by Consumable
- Syringe Filters
- Other Consumables (guard columns and injectors)
Chromatography instruments market, by Application
- Life Sciences
- Food & Beverage Testing
- Environmental Testing
- Others (research, forensics, as a diagnostic tool, and applications in cosmetics, chemicals, oil, and petrochemical industries)
Chromatography instruments market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Pacific Countries
- Rest of Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Rest of the World (RoW)
The report gives the clear picture of current market scenario which includes historical and projected market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report provides details information and strategies of the top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different market segments and regions.
List of major manufacturers and distributers of HPLC instruments and consumables in Europe and United Kingdom:
- MZ-Analysentechnik GmbH, based in Mainz, GERMANY.
- Gilson Inc. Office in Villiers Le Bel, FRANCE.
- Chromtech Analytical Instruments GmbH based in Idstein, GERMANY.
- Restek, Corporation distributor in LATVIA.
- SRI Instruments Europe GmbH based in Bad Honnef, GERMANY.
- Polymer Standards Service-USA Inc. based in Mainz, GERMANY.
- YMC America Inc. Distributor in GERMANY.
- LabHut Ltd. Based in Gloucestershire, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Tosoh Bioscience LLC, Distributor in ITALY.
- Hichrom Limited based in Theale, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Fortis Technologies Ltd based in Neston, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Aurora Borealis Control based in Schoonebeek, NETHERLANDS.
- Advanced Chromatography Technologies Ltd (ACE) based in Aberdeen, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Knauer-Wissenschaftliche Gerätebau based in Berlin, GERMANY.
- Sepax Technologies Inc. Distributor in GERMANY.
- Pickering Laboratories Inc. Distributor in Dorfen, GERMANY.
- Cecil Instruments Limited based in Cambridge, UNITED KINGDOM.
- Stratlab Ltd based in UNITED KINGDOM.
- Watrex Praha, s.r.o. based in Praha 6, CZECH REPUBLIC.
- Ecom spol. s. r.o. based in Praha 2, CZECH REPUBLIC.
- Spark Holland B.V. based in Emmen, NETHERLANDS.