Market Analysis - Plastic Aesthetic Surgery 2017
Globally the plastic surgery industry is divided into extensive variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures. The surgical procedures are further categorized into sub specialities such as liposuction, Rhinoplasty, abdominoplasty, eyelid surgery, Breast augmentation. With betterment of existing technologies and less expensive procedures plastic surgery has been nothing short of miracle. Plastic surgery has become more accessible as the statistics show an increase in the procedures performed year on year. Many procedures have become less invasive with fewer side effects and shorter recovery. With these benefits, it's no wonder that an increasing number of women and men are turning to surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures to improve their appearance. Not only appearance but, plastic surgery is done to reconstruct a malfunctioning body part or to treat people suffering from burn injuries.
ISPAS, International society of aesthetic and plastic surgery, which is also the major regulating body internationally, has released its statistical report on aesthetic and plastic surgery in 2016 that shows a great future is lying ahead for plastic surgery industry.
- About 21 million surgical and non-surgical procedures were performed in 2015 worldwide which shows an increase of over 1 million cosmetic procedures from 2014.
- Out of total procedures 9.6 million surgical procedures were performed in 2015
- 2.6 million Non-surgical procedures were performed in USA out of 12.1 million total non-surgical procedures reported in 2015.
- United States took the top spot for total number of surgical procedures performed.
- USA, Brazil, South Korea, India, and Mexico are the top five countries to perform surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Botox has been ranked the most popular cosmetic procedures.
- Most frequently performed surgical procedures were breast augmentation, liposuction, eyelid surgery, Abdominoplasty. These procedures showed more than 10% increase from previous year.
- Most frequently performed non-surgical procedures in 2015 were:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Hair removal
- Photo rejuvenation
- Non-surgical Fat reduction/ Laser liposuction
- Women had 85.6%of the total procedures performed in 2015.Most preferred surgical procedures were Rhinoplasty breast augmentation, liposuction, eyelid surgery and Abdominoplasty.
- More than 3 million procedures were performed on men which accounts 14.4% of the total. The top procedures performed on men were: eye surgery, liposuction, gynecomastia, Rhinoplasty, fat grafting and ear surgery.
Fig1. Percentage distribution of total surgical procedures performed.
Fig2. Percentage distribution of total non-surgical procedures performed
Fig4. Top countries for plastic surgery by total procedures
According to ASPS, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, around 15.9million minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in USA in 2015, which recorded a 2 per cent increase from previous year. Of which 14.2 million minimally invasive procedures and 1.7 cosmetic surgical procedures were performed. Both the procedures registered a 2 per cent increase in 2015. A total of 5.8 million reconstructive procedures were performed which recorded an increase of 1 per cent in 2015 in USA. While plastic surgery industry has a large base in US, it is more prevalent in South Korea. South Korea holds the top position in plastic surgery market by per capita. Taiwan, a leading Asian country is known for its anti-aging procedures such as facelifts, face rejuvenation. Brazil has been experiencing a significant increase in no. of surgeries performed in last few years.
Fig4. Top five reconstructive surgeries performed inn USA (As per ASPS report)
For 2016-2020 the global plastic surgery market is expected to grow at CAGR of 9.47%.
Universities and institutions have the onus to provide best plastic surgeons to the industry. The role that plastic surgery plays in modern medical history and the escalating developments of the field complete and proper training of a plastic surgeon is of paramount importance. Here, List of hospitals and research center in Vancouver, Canada and Worldwide related with Plastic- Aesthetic Surgery.
- Vancouver General hospital, Department of Surgery
- Fairview Plastic surgery
- Vancouver coastal health
- Plastic surgery Research Council
- University of Manchester Healing Foundation Center
- International Cosmetic Surgery research Center
- Jupiter Medical Center, USA
- Nova Scotia Health Authority, Canada
- FXM Research international, Belize
- Plastic surgery Research laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital
Universities offering Plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Western University
- McMaster university
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University
- Western University, Canada
- Plastic Surgery Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Seoul national university, South Korea
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Tokyo Hospital, Japan
- Division of Plastic Surgery, Columbia University
- Federal University, Brazil
- University of Pavia, Italy
- King Abdul-Aziz University, Saudi Arabia
Societies related to plastic surgery
- International society of aesthetic and plastic surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- European association of plastic surgeons
- International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies
- Saudi Society for cosmetic surgery
- Canadian society for plastic and aesthetic surgery
Conference Series LLC is a renowned organization that organizes highly notable Medical, Clinical and Pharmaceutical conferences throughout the globe. Conference Series LLC is currently bringing forth "International Conference on Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery” (Plastic & Aesthetic 2016) slated on July 27-28, 2017 at Vancouver, Canada.
Conference Series LLC Organizes 300+ Conferences Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500+ Open access journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members. To know more about the conference series visit: http://conferenceseries.com/. OMICS International is a pioneer and leading scientific event organizer, publishing around 500 Open access journals and conducting over 1000 Scientific Meetings all over the globe annually with the support of more than 1000 scientific associations, 50,000 editorial board members, and 5 million followers to its credit.
Conference Series LLC invites all the participants across the globe to attend the "International Conference on Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery" (Plastic & Aesthetic 2017) slated on July 27-28, 2017 at Vancouver, Canada. Plastic & Aesthetic 2017 conveys recent developments in Plastic, Aesthetic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. Plastic Surgery, a surgical speciality, has many sub specialities like aesthetic surgery, cosmetic surgery, and reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, Aesthetic medicine,Pediatric plastic Surgery focusing on improving the aesthetic features and functionality of the body parts that are impaired by injury or genetically.
Plastic surgery has become more accessible as the statistics show an increase in the procedures performed year on year About 21 million surgical and non-surgical procedures were performed in 2015 worldwide which shows an increase of over 1 million cosmetic procedures from 2014.
Vancouver a coastal seaport city located in mainland of Canada. Vancouver offers travellers both outstanding opportunities for outdoor adventure and the sophisticated amenities of a world-class city
Plastic surgery Students
Renowned plastic surgeons
Plastic surgery scholars
University and colleges
Plastic Surgery Societies
Plastic surgery clinics, hospitals
- 250+ Participation (70 Industry: 30 Academia)
- 5+ Keynote Speakers
- 50+ Plenary Speakers
- 20+ Exhibitors
- 14 Innovative Educational Sessions
- 5+ Workshops
- B2B Meetings